Event Information for your troop / group
We have put in place this information so YOU will know what to expect when your troop / group participates in the Rose Parade Float Decorating.
We help to service over 8,000 people from 500+ troops from multiple councils over 14 different days, with over 350+ scouts and non-scouts decorating per shift. We also implement Fiesta Parade Float's policies and procedures and Girl Scout policies and procedures.
This is a VERY time consuming volunteer job. We need your cooperation to make it run smoothly so as to ensure everyone has a good time, including us!! The process is a HUGE undertaking so we ask you for YOUR most tolerant consideration! Thank you kindly.
It is STRONGLY recommended that if your troop/group has NEVER completed a dry dec day (full 8 hours) to NOT register for a floral dec day.
This is strictly enforced! It is YOUR responsibility as the LEADER to check ages of everyone you bring.
Dry Decorating - (weekends before Christmas) ... 10 years old minimum and adults
Floral Decorating - ( week after Christmas to New Years Eve) ... 12 years old minimum and adults
- Register your troop or group with the on-line registration form.
- You need to check your e-mail on a regular basis for further communication (i.e. waitlist info, confirmation, shift changes, etc.)
- When communicating (call, text, or e-mail) with us include your troop number AND your council (CCC, GLA, OC, SDI, SG) - it will ensure you a faster reply!
- Communication is critical, if your number of participants change, you need to let us know ASAP - DO NOT add or subtract any participants without our knowledge.
Your Decorating Day (Dry & Floral):
- YOUR attitude as the leader is supremely important. If you handle change with positive nature and are willing to turn situations into learning experiences for your girls, YOU are the ideal leader for this!
- Your troop/group is not guaranteed a "dream" job. The nature of our work means there could be periods of no work - which involves waiting around. It is out of our control if music is being tested, engine trouble, or judging has temporarily halted decorating.
- Occasionally, troops have been sent home early because of the lack of work to be done.
- "There is no whining & complaining" to a Fiesta Floats Supervisor(s) or to us about a lack of work OR a job you are doing.
- If the Fiesta Parade Floats or Girl Scout Supervisors deems your work unsuitable you could be re-assigned to a job that is better tailored to your skill set. DO NOT take it personally! Keep in mind this is a real world job & the end product is most important!
- If a Fiesta Parade Floats Supervisor asks you back "at any time" - you can IF they give you a pass .... Otherwise!! YOU MUST adhere to the Girl Scout scheduling! Check In with Girl Scout supervisors - to see if there's availability before you leave for the day!
- During FLORAL DEC - YOUR troop is NOT guaranteed work ON A FLOAT! Sometimes the only place we need people is in Flower Prep especially later in the week.
- Inform yourself by knowing what floats we are working on - Look at the renderings on this website, if available.
- You MUST clean up before you leave - "A Girl Scout always leaves a place cleaner than she found it."
- BE ON TIME - BE EARLY! Arrive 30 minutes early If you habitually run late - make adjustments! We need to know how many people we actually have to work with - in case changes have to be made. YOUR lateness causes your troop to wait even longer for placement.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. We do hope the truthful straight-up nature of these words help you to make an informed decision as to whether or not your troop participates. We truly hope that every participant has the best time possible.
Bring patience, understanding, and respect for everyone!
This can be a truly be a positive and memorable opportunity.
We look forward to seeing you!!